Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Surrender...

There are many things in our lives that we need to surrender to God -fears, our families, control, emotions...God has revealed a few to me that I don't even think I would have considered until He put light on it.  First off, why must we surrender?  If we are to walk in what God has truly designed for us, we must surrender fully to Him. We must completely submit that He is in control and trust that we can depend on Him for everything. Easier said than done, right? How many times are we dropping that thing that is keeping us from hearing God, saying I surrender all, only to pick it back up to continue to worry and stress about it!  Maybe you've yielded those things to God and feel like you are able to trust Him in the difficult places in life. How about the not so difficult times?  How about when everything is going smoothly-bills are paid, kids are happy, no worries, all is good?  That's when complacency creeps in.  It keeps us from fully surrendering our lives to what God has for us.  It keeps us from dreaming, from stepping out in faith, from being. It keeps us satisfied with life as it is, not as it could be. It keeps us satisfied with what WE can do in life instead of focusing on what HE can do in our lives. Scripture in Revelation 3:15-17  “I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You’re not cold, you’re not hot—far better to be either cold or hot! You’re stale. You’re stagnant. You make me want to vomit. You brag, ‘I’m rich, I’ve got it made, I need nothing from anyone,’ oblivious that in fact you’re a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless." 
God, I surrender complacency in my life.  I surrender the desires of walking on a steady, stagnant path.  Instead, I pray that you use me to bring life, to have passion and vision, to consume me with your thoughts and your dreams, to use me to fulfill the plan and purpose you have created me for!  Let me never feel satisfied or have the feeling that I have arrived, but instead help me to seek and search for MORE of you!  What do you need to surrender to fully walk in what God has purposed and designed for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment