Monday, August 20, 2012

Door to Eternity

After attending yet another funeral this past weekend, I have really been thinking about the importance of leaving a legacy behind.
“LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.  Remind me that my days are numbered—how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.  My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.”  Psalm 39:4, 5 NLT
Each day is a gift from God and we are not guaranteed another one.  The only thing we are guaranteed is the actual moment that we have-the very day, the very hour, the very minute....the very moment that we can use to pray, share, encourage, empower, and love God's people.  However, the enemy would love to distract us while on Earth with our pride, possessions, and power.  As our pastor spoke this Sunday in his message, if Satan can't keep us out of Heaven, then his plan is to distract us while we are here on Earth to keep us from reaching our full potential and purpose.  
Revelation 3:8 says that "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one else can close." 
That open door is an opportunity that God has given us to serve Him.  We just have to be reminded that EVERY moment is an opportunity and we can't assume that another moment will come along.  He's calling us to serve Him now.  What will you do with your open door?

No comments:

Post a Comment